Maybe the FIREARMS Companies that were RUN OUT of Liberal Colorado could set up shop in Detroit? After all it’s a City known for great manufacturing and has many skilled workers?
Oh yeh the LIBS don’t like GUNs!!!!!!
11 Depressing Stats About Detroit
Earlier today, Detroit filed for Chapter 9 bankruptcy, the largest municipal bankruptcy in history.
Municipal bond experts Peter Hayes and James Schwartz of Blackrock published a brief analytical note earlier this month titled “Distress In Detroit.” In it they offered some stats that would make anyone cringe.
Here are eleven of them:
- Detroit’s population has plunged 63% since 1950.
- …and it’s down 26% since 2000.
- The unemployment rate hit a high of 27.8% in July 2009.
- As of April 2013, the unemployment rate was at 16%.
- Even though the population fell 63% since 1950, the municipal workforce fell by just 40%, adding to the strain on public finances.
- Detroit has the highest violent crime rate of any large U.S. city
View original post 54 more words