Today, NRA-ILA and our state affiliate, the New Mexico Shooting Sports Association, filed a Lawsuit in the U.S. District Court for the District of New Mexico, challenging anti-gun Governor Michelle Lujan Grisham’s use of emergency powers and her COVID-19 statewide order to shut down firearm retailers and ranges. We are working with the Second Amendment Foundation, the Firearms Policy Coalition, and the Mountain States Legal Foundation on this litigation.
We reported earlier on Gov. Grisham’s refusal to designate gun stores as “essential businesses” and how her administration directed the New Mexico State Police to visit FFLs to remind them that they must remain closed to the public. Grisham has used this crisis to continue her assault on the rights of law-abiding citizens while other Democratic governors in states such as Colorado have deemed these establishments “essential” and actually protected their residents’ right to purchase and own guns.
Please stay tuned to http://www.nraila.org/coronavirus for further updates on our Second Amendment rights during COVID-19.
— Read on www.nraila.org/articles/20200410/nra-files-lawsuit-against-anti-gun-governor-michelle-lujan-grishams-order-closing-gun-stores-and-ranges-in-new-mexico
- Muzzle Brake vs. Flash Hider vs. Compensator
- Soros Funded St. Louis City Prosecutor Executes Search Warrant Against Couple Who Defended Their Home, Firearm Seized
- What Counts as Brandishing? When Is It Illegal?
- Court Rules University of Wyoming CAN Ban Guns On Campus
- All About American Gun Laws: Why You Should Own One, and Which Gun You Should Get
- @USMC_3 @Derameth https://t.co/c5R3Y1ikKc 6 hours ago
- @USMC_3 @Derameth https://t.co/78UYlEfyTH 6 hours ago
- @USMC_3 @Derameth https://t.co/RP8up2XAtj 6 hours ago
- RT @DFBHarvard: We get an abject lesson from Chicago every weekend. BLACK LIVES DON'T MATTER IN CHICAGO! breitbart.com/politics/2020/… 6 hours ago
- @FarRight1_2 @opend5 @prokaski @richsju9 @rkline56 @RoundaboutSteve @skibo2412_matt @tim_waley @TomThomas3d… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 6 hours ago