Today, NRA-ILA and our state affiliate, the New Mexico Shooting Sports Association, filed a Lawsuit in the U.S. District Court for the District of New Mexico, challenging anti-gun Governor Michelle Lujan Grisham’s use of emergency powers and her COVID-19 statewide order to shut down firearm retailers and ranges. We are working with the Second Amendment Foundation, the Firearms Policy Coalition, and the Mountain States Legal Foundation on this litigation.
We reported earlier on Gov. Grisham’s refusal to designate gun stores as “essential businesses” and how her administration directed the New Mexico State Police to visit FFLs to remind them that they must remain closed to the public. Grisham has used this crisis to continue her assault on the rights of law-abiding citizens while other Democratic governors in states such as Colorado have deemed these establishments “essential” and actually protected their residents’ right to purchase and own guns.
Please stay tuned to http://www.nraila.org/coronavirus for further updates on our Second Amendment rights during COVID-19.
— Read on www.nraila.org/articles/20200410/nra-files-lawsuit-against-anti-gun-governor-michelle-lujan-grishams-order-closing-gun-stores-and-ranges-in-new-mexico
- 10 Examples of Defensive Gun Use Show Second Amendment’s Purpose
- Protests erupt in Lancaster, Pa. after a knife-wielding man shot dead by police
- Shooting Illustrated | Study Indicates First-Time Gun Ownership on the Rise
- Gunmaker Smith & Wesson ramps up production after sales skyrocket a record-breaking 140 percent
- When Open Carry Turns Fatal: Kenosha Unrest Shooting Raises Questions About Wisconsin Gun Laws | WUWM
- RT @yellrod: Shut it down 6 hours ago
- RT @Doempies_sa: Do the right thing, cancell #NetflixPedofilo 6 hours ago
- Media Figures Threaten Riots If GOP Tries To Fill SCOTUS Seat: Burn It All Down | The Daily Wire #LeftistLunatics dailywire.com/news/media-fig… 16 hours ago
- RT @PatronPatmos: #CancelNetflix 16 hours ago
- RT @davidfilbyesq: Good. Let's make it 80 fold. 16 hours ago