Today, NRA-ILA and our state affiliate, the New Mexico Shooting Sports Association, filed a Lawsuit in the U.S. District Court for the District of New Mexico, challenging anti-gun Governor Michelle Lujan Grisham’s use of emergency powers and her COVID-19 statewide order to shut down firearm retailers and ranges. We are working with the Second Amendment Foundation, the Firearms Policy Coalition, and the Mountain States Legal Foundation on this litigation.
We reported earlier on Gov. Grisham’s refusal to designate gun stores as “essential businesses” and how her administration directed the New Mexico State Police to visit FFLs to remind them that they must remain closed to the public. Grisham has used this crisis to continue her assault on the rights of law-abiding citizens while other Democratic governors in states such as Colorado have deemed these establishments “essential” and actually protected their residents’ right to purchase and own guns.
Please stay tuned to http://www.nraila.org/coronavirus for further updates on our Second Amendment rights during COVID-19.
— Read on www.nraila.org/articles/20200410/nra-files-lawsuit-against-anti-gun-governor-michelle-lujan-grishams-order-closing-gun-stores-and-ranges-in-new-mexico
- Dana Loesch Warns ‘Well-Intentioned’ Republicans: You Could Help Biden Kill Gun Rights
- The Constitution and Supreme Court set a high bar for gun control – Orange County Register
- AG Nominee Confirms He’ll Help Biden as POTUS Seeks to Destroy 2nd Amendment
- NRA Sues New York AG, Says She Targeted Group for Political Purposes
- Gun Rights Org: Biden Gun Control Could Hit Tens of Millions of Law-Abiding Americans
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.