Today, NRA-ILA and our state affiliate, the New Mexico Shooting Sports Association, filed a Lawsuit in the U.S. District Court for the District of New Mexico, challenging anti-gun Governor Michelle Lujan Grisham’s use of emergency powers and her COVID-19 statewide order to shut down firearm retailers and ranges. We are working with the Second Amendment Foundation, the Firearms Policy Coalition, and the Mountain States Legal Foundation on this litigation.
We reported earlier on Gov. Grisham’s refusal to designate gun stores as “essential businesses” and how her administration directed the New Mexico State Police to visit FFLs to remind them that they must remain closed to the public. Grisham has used this crisis to continue her assault on the rights of law-abiding citizens while other Democratic governors in states such as Colorado have deemed these establishments “essential” and actually protected their residents’ right to purchase and own guns.
Please stay tuned to http://www.nraila.org/coronavirus for further updates on our Second Amendment rights during COVID-19.
— Read on www.nraila.org/articles/20200410/nra-files-lawsuit-against-anti-gun-governor-michelle-lujan-grishams-order-closing-gun-stores-and-ranges-in-new-mexico
- Diner Draws Gun When Armed BLM Agitators Swarm Restaurant
- Fierce Home Invasion Ends When Hammer-Swinging Attacker Feels Cold Steel in His Side and Hears Three Blasts
- NRA-ILA | Biden Goes All in On Calls for Extreme Gun Control
- NRA-ILA | Supreme Court Grants Cert in Second Amendment Concealed Carry Case
- Mark McCloskey, St. Louis gun-wielding lawyer, mulls US Senate run to fight Biden’s ‘anti-American’ agenda | Fox Business
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.